Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN (or, actually Drinkin') WEDNESDAY - Recipe for Famous Old Fashioned Lemonade!

Hi everyone!

I meant to post this last week, but I got too busy!  Sorry about that!   Here's what I had written last week, but didn't get the chance to finish and put up...lol!

******************************

I hope you're having a great week!  Mine has been super busy!

I'm so sorry to the many of you whose blogs I frequently comment on and whose link parties I normally join...Life has been busy, busy busy!

My awesome mom is in town this week visiting us from St. Louis, Missouri. We have been having a great time with her...the kids are loving playing with her and having her here...and at night, after they go to bed, she and I are staying up into the wee hours and watching the 3rd season of   DOWNTON ABBEY!  Oh my goodness.  I didn't get to see it while it was on PBS in January, and so my mom brought the DVD's!  It's so addicting!   I'm exhausted, but I'm just loving watching them.

Whenever we go to visit her back in Missouri,  I have to go to breakfast with her to this WONDERFUL little feminine breakfast/lunch place just outside of the city in a town called St. Charles. It's called MISS AIMEE B's...and if you're ever in the St. Louis area, this is a must try! =D


This place is famous for many of their amazing breakfast and lunch items, as well as the lovely historic Victorian home they use to serve their delicious food.

Every time I go to Miss Aimee B's, I always get their Famous Old Fashioned Lemonade!  It is SO yummy, and like no other lemonade I'd tried!

I HAD to know how to make it, so they had a cookbook for sale and I bought it.  I made it once for a get-together I went to a few years ago and everyone LOVED it!   Then I lost the cookbook...ugh...

But I recently found the recipe online HERE, so I decided to make it for a ladies prayer breakfast I hosted recently. 

I doubled this recipe and had plenty left over after serving 3 ladies and my kids...who just HAD to try it!  lol  They loved it too!  Probably because of all the sugar!  lol

It's called MISS AIMEE B's Old Fashioned Lemonade!

Here's How to make it....

You'll need...
2 Medium Lemons
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cups of milk
club soda

That's it!

 
Wash the lemons, put them in the microwave for 10 seconds and squeeze everything you can out of them...into a bowl or container with a lid.  Then take the lemons and coarsely chop them up in the food processor...zest and all!  (do not puree or leave in the food processor too long, just coarsely chop)  

Then add the sugar and the coarsely chopped lemons to the lemon juice, mix well, and let sit for 30 minutes....the sugar will pull even more of the juice out of the lemons!


Then you add the milk.  Yep, I DID say, MILK!  =)

Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight!  I let mine sit overnight.

The next morning (or after the 4 hours)  get out a strainer and
strain the mixture so that no pieces of lemon get in.

To serve, you'll add 1/2 cup crushed ice, 1/2 cup of club soda and 1/2 cup of the lemon concoction.  Mix well and serve!

So easy and SO delicious!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed this episode of WHADDA WE EATIN (or actually, DRINKIN') WEDNESDAY! 

Hope to see you tomorrow night for the
FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA!   The party goes live from Thursday at 8pm ET to Sunday at 8pm ET every week!  =D

This post is being added to....
On the Menu Monday
Foodie Friday
Festive Friday Fiesta


4 comments:

  1. Milk??!?! In lemonade?!?!? OK...I'm a little skeptical on this one. Seriously? I would think there would be no way milk and lemons could live in harmony. Just because I'm so skeptical, I'm going to have to try this. Milk. Hmmmm. Who'd have thought? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might just have to try this because it really does look appetizing in that glass.I would not have thought of the milk, but I'll bet it tastes fabulous. It is wonderful that you posted this, since it is so representative of the beautiful state of FL.My husband's grand-parents lived in Miami for close to 50 yrs. He speaks often of the citrus fruit and other fruit they had growing in their yard. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to try this, it looks so delicious. It won't be long and the long hot summer days will be calling for this nice refreshing drink. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is much like an Orange Julius...made with milk, water, sugar, vanilla and ice cubes...
    Your drink looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete