Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!!! Exciting new posts for 2014! And my New Years Eve Tablescape!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I can't believe that we are starting 2014!   It seems like we were just starting 2013....wondering what the year was going to bring.  

2013 was a great year in so many ways for me....I started blogging, our family started the tradition of "Sunday Family Dinners"!   I learned some great tablescaping, recipe and home decor techniques from so many of my blogging friends and through Pinterest, and enjoyed some wonderful times with family and friends. We had some wonderful get-togethers and parties, and....we moved halfway across the country!!!   It was definitely an exciting year to say the least!

However I'm just as excited about 2014!!!   I have to say, I'm loving our new home, and am so excited to be able to share some new features on the blog for you.   Our new home has a fireplace that I plan to decorate monthly to go with the seasons and Holidays of that month, and so I'm very excited to be sharing those with you on the new MONTHLY MONDAY MANTLE posts!!!

To go along with that, I'm going to be doing new monthly tablescapes to go along with the mantles (so unfortunately that means I will not do a weekly TABLESCAPE TUESDAY, but will do one or two each month.)   I will miss doing them more often, but my schedule will not permit me to spend the time on tablescapes like I was able to before.   I will, however be making new dishes for our Sunday Family Dinners, which is a tradition we will be continuing, and any noteworthy ones, I will be posting on the WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY posts!    Also, once a month, I will share some of my top bargains for the month on my THRIFTY THURSDAY posts. 

For now, though...I'm going to show you my New Years Eve Tablescape!   My first tablescape in the new home!!!   

I call it "Silver, Snow, and Lights Aglow" 

 I found this cute wrapping paper half off at Walmart shortly after Christmas and thought it would be great!  I really wanted to do something in primarily silver and white.  
 This tied everything in together so nicely, and since my kiddos are really hoping to see lots of snow this winter, we thought it fitting to have these trees with the little snowflakes on the runner!

I kept the plates simple, with just a silver charger, and a white dinner plate, white napkins with silver napking rings.
 The candleholder in the center is from Michaels (with 40% off coupon) that I got last year, set on Dollar Tree silver platters.   The other pillar candleholders are from Ikea, and the sparkly ribbon around the pillar candles was from Michael's...70% off from their christmas ribbon!  The small glass tealight holders were from Joann's for like 69 cents each...I had to stock up!!  

 In the back, under the wreath, you'll see my winter "candy bar" with various Christmas Candies!  I'm going to show that off in a future post...including tips on how I made it.  


When the lights were turned down low, those "lights aglow" looked so pretty at the table!   I really liked how this turned out!!!  

I hope you enjoyed this post and the tablescape!  Happy 2014 and I hope to see you again soon!!!   =D


This post is being added to:

Centerpiece Wednesday
Tablescape Thursday
Let's Dish

10 comments:

  1. Unbelievable tablescape for New Year’s Eve. I have a fireplace and an ornate table but have never been able to achieve the effect that you have created. The fact that you make Walmart wrapping paper look so sophisticated is inspirational to people like me. I have a new house, so I need some new ideas to go with it. I will be following you closely. They say copying is the best form of flattery. So feel flattered.

    Rebbeca Becnel @ Akii Kollections

    ReplyDelete