Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whadda We Eatin' Wednesday? Recipe for a GREAT Low-Carb Pizza Crust!

Hi All!

Well, it's Wednesday...yup...Wednesday!  Where has the week gone?!?!?

Yesterday we had a new friend and her family over to our house for a little playdate for the kids and just to hang out!  I just love her!  She is the sweetest gal and has a fun personality and she is also living the low-carb lifestyle like me.  I picked up a pizza from Aldi (don't even get me started on my love for Aldi!  haha!)  for the kids and husbands, but we needed something low carb for us.  So, I made US a Low-Carb pizza!!!  I've tried many different kinds in the past, but this one is my favorite by far!  It tastes like a real pizza!

I got this recipe (and the pictures, since I forgot to take any) from this site: 
NancyElle's Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust

Next time I make it (which I KNOW will be soon!) I will make sure to take some pics and put them up in place of these!

First you heat your oven to 450 degrees.
Then you mix 3 eggs and 3 cups of mozzerella cheese
Add 1tsp of garlic powder (or more to taste)
1tsp of basil  (I used Italian Seasoning instead and loved the result)

And that's it!  Cheese, eggs, garlic powder and italian seasoning (or basil)!!!   I put it all in a food processor and watched it SPIN!!!

Then you press the mixture into a well-greased pizza pan or cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Then you flip it over.  (I actually used a pizza stone..well-greased...the consistency came out better than when I made it on the cookie sheet in the past, but it was harder to lift off and flip and a little of the mixture stuck to the stone...didn't matter in the end though because that side was covered with pizza sauce and cheese and all.)



Here is what it looked like for NancyElle  (mine was more smooth on the top...and more rough on the bottom...haha!)


Then you add 1/2 cup of pizza sauce (low carb)  your cheese (around 1 cup) and any toppings you want and put it back in the oven under the broiler setting until the cheese gets all melted and bubbly!   It was so delish!!!




UPDATE (1-22-13)!  I have since re-made this pizza and took some "after pics" so you can see what I did.  This time I made it on a rectangle cookie sheet for a squared off pizza.  It turned out great!  Here are some pictures of the pizza I made today...



I loved the bread-like texture of this pizza crust...




I loved that I could hold my piece in my hand and eat it just like everyone else was doing with the "regular pizza"! 




I love that I can have PIZZA and still lose weight!!!   

And...I love having a friend I can low-carb with!

This is such a great and easy pizza recipe for people trying to watch their sugar/carb intake as well as people who are diabetic because it only has just around two carbs per slice!  

Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed and I'll talk with you again soon!  


This post was added to:
Lipgloss and Crayons' YOLOMonday
Lil Luna's Link Up Party
Mom's Test Kitchen Test Meal Monday

18 comments:

  1. I am eager to try your pizza recipe -- I've been looking for a low-carb option to fit into my Weight Watcher plan. I'm pinning this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I've bookmarked it, hoping to make it soon. hugs ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne and Jennie! I hope you enjoy it when you do make it. I'm actually thinking of making another one soon with alfredo sauce instead of marinara! Yummmo!!! Thanks so much for stopping by, for bookmarking this and also pinning it! Have a great rest of the week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great! I'm trying to get back on track myself and will love to try this recipe when we do pizza night with the kiddos. Thanks for linking up at Monday Makeover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Hope you'll love it as much as we do! My friend who is low carbing with me came over last week and she said, "You don't even want to know how many times I've made this pizza over the last few weeks! It's just perfect!" haha! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment! Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for posting this, just made it and it was wonderful!!. It definitley tasted extremely close to the real thing and satisfied my pizza craving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best? I tell you it has really been a great thing for me when I want pizza...which is a lot..haha! I'm so glad you loved it too! It's definitely my go-to pizza recipe...and so easy! I love when it's easy! haha! Thanks for posting this comment! Have a great week!

      Delete