Welcome to another WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY! I know it's been a while! The weeks seem to go by faster and faster these days and before I know it I've gone yet ANOTHER week without posting!
But today, I hope to make it up to you with an AWESOME, EASY weeknight recipe that my whole family really loves!
I'm not kidding....when my kids hear that this is what I'm making for dinner, it suddenly becomes a GREAT day! haha! They are in great moods, they are singing and dancing around the house, etc!!!
(I have to admit, I join with them in the musical numbers around the house too, because I LOVE this recipe!!!)
I originally found this recipe on YouTube (shesinherapron is the Youtuber who showed the recipe), and thought it looked great, but decided to do some tweaks to make it even easier to make! For those of you who know me, you know I like to "SKIP the steps with all the prep"!
Also, one of the things I do with this recipe is double it, put one of the recipes in the crock pot and the other in a ziplock freezer bag to make a FREEZER meal! Since I already have all the ingredients out, I just add the same thing to the freezer bag and then I have a quick go to meal of this, for super fast prep another night!
Here's what you'll need (this makes dinner for 4 - and there are NO leftovers when I make this...lol):
1. Your Crockpot (yep, I know I didn't have to include that...lol)
2. 8 skinless boneless chicken tenderloins, or 4 chicken breasts
3. One tube of Gourmet Garden fresh cilantro paste (or one cup of fresh cilantro leaves, but I tried picking all those leaves off the stems and that was a LOT OF PREP! So the past saves a ton of time)
4 3 tbsp lime juice (or the juice of one lime, but again..that's extra prep in my opinion...haha!
5. 2 tbsp olive oil
6. 1 can of yellow corn (rinsed and drained)
7. 1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
8. 1/4 cup of dried minced onion and 1/4 cup water (or you can chop up half of a red onion...but again...yep...too much prep! lol)
Here's what it looks like in the pot. Mix together and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Then serve over rice, or "Cauliflower rice" for me, since I'm trying to cut carbs whenever I can! Yum, YUMMMMM!
Here's a picture of the finished product...super yummy!
I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does. I'd love to get your thoughts if you try it!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by! Have a great day!