Sunday, February 24, 2013

Unbelievably Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake or Muffins

Hi everyone!

Have you ever come across a recipe so easy that you wonder how good it could REALLY be with so few ingredients and such a short prep time?

This was my thinking when my mother shared her recipe for

"Pumpkin Spice Cake"!  

I really wondered how good this could be.  Then I tried it!  YUMMMMMMM!

Make sure to pin this recipe if you're on Pinterest...you're gonna want to have this one handy!!!  =D

These are perfect with your morning coffee or for a nice breakfast food to bring for a breakfast party or wedding/baby shower. 

It's also a great dessert for get-togethers when you need to whip up something yummy really fast!  Add a little cream cheese frosting and WOW!

So, for a recent prayer breakfast, I decided to make these in muffin form.  I am truly all about easy, but I also want things to be tasty, so I thought this would be a great recipe to make for my friends who came to join me.




This recipe consists of only 3 INGREDIENTS!!!

1 Box of Spice Cake Mix
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1 bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips

 


Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with a hand mixer....


Until the mixture looks like this....

Then....scoop large spoonfuls of the batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan, or into greased muffin tins (which is what I did)

 
And bake according to the cake mix directions.
 
One thing you will definitely want to do (which I didn't do) is make sure that the dough is smoothed out going into the oven.  The dough doesn't rise a whole lot (since you don't have eggs) and kind of retains the shape you had when you put the dough in....so if you're making it as a cake, make sure to smooth out the top...for muffins, just kind of making sure that the dough is smoothed out at the top should help.
 
 
 

 
This makes a very moist muffin or cake, that stays good for quite a while if well covered.  

Here is how the mini muffins turned out.  




I only needed a few for the ladies, and since I'm low carbing, I can't eat them...even though I would LOVE TO,  (and my daughter isn't crazy about breads so she wasn't interested in having any), so the remainder were available for my husband and my son....and they LOVE THEM! 

They've gobbled up so many since I made them, just a few days ago....haha!   My husband told me that I can't make these very often if I want him to stay thin...haha!   He just can't get enough! 

Hope you enjoy this recipe!  If  you make it, I'd love to hear what YOU think!

Thanks again for visiting and I hope to see you again soon!


This post is being added to the following link parties....

Monday Link Up
Sunday Showcase
A New Creation 
On the Menu Monday
Monday Funday
Masterpiece Monday
Tuesdays Treasures
Tuesday To Do
A Time to Shine
Creative Muster
Wonderful Food Wednesdays
Wow Us Wednesdays
Centerpiece Wednesday
Wicked Awesome Wednesday
Two Girls and a Party
Show and Share Wednesday
Foodie Friday
Pin Me Link Party
Pinworthy Projects
Power of Pinterest Party
Get Schooled Saturday



49 comments:

  1. These look/sound amazing! I'm impressed by your discipline to resist them! Thanks for the recipe. Wondering if I could make and freeze to have on hand for last minute groups?

    Thanks for sharing at A New Creation link party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! Weeeeelllll, truth be told, I did have just ONE of them...so I got the taste, but they have been pretty hard to resist. But the good news is I was able to have a little taste and that was good for me. I'm not sure if you can freeze them, but I have a feeling you might be able to. If you try them and freeze them, please let me know how it went! =D

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! I love pumpkin. Don't know how you resisted! I'm impressed with your discipline. The only way I can pass on these goodies is to not have them in the house. Quick and easy -- just what I like! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Snap! Well, I did have just one very small one, but yes, it's been very hard to resist them being right here in the house...haha! I'm also like you...quick and easy, and yummy is what I like...if it has too many ingredients or is too hard to make, I'm not a big fan...haha! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comment! Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a quick and easy option for this Mama on the go! Thank you! New follower - come check out my blog if you get a chance too!

    Jessica
    www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! So great to hear from you! I hope you enjoy them...they really were soooo easy to make! I'll definitely stop by your blog and say hello! Thanks so much for following! =D

      Delete
  4. These looks so good and easy!! All my favorite flavors~ Lynn H Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn! I am all about easy, so these were perfect, and I love these flavors together too! =D Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment! Hope you have a great day!

      Delete
  5. These look delicious and I love that they only have three ingredients! I'll have to try these next fall! They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! yes, this is one of those go-to recipes for me..my husband loves pumpkin bread, so he is crazy for these...and they're perfect with a cup of coffee on a chilly fall morning! Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. These sound wonderful!! I love pumpkin anything! New follower from Wonderful Food Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana! So glad you came by! I am like you, I could eat pumpkin year round..I just love it! =D

      Delete
  7. What a great, and simple dessert (hmm, or breakfast)! These have all the delicious flavors of Fall and Winter. Found you on 2 Girls and a Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, we have them in the mornings with coffee, but they really make a great dessert! Who says you can't have dessert in the morning, right? haha! =D Thanks so much for stopping by and for your nice comment! Hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the post. I've made these for years, but had not heard of adding the cinnamon chips. My grandchildren love for me to mail bags of them for Valentine's Day and Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen! That is so neat that you send them to your grandchildren also! You'll have to try them with the cinnamon chips sometime and see what you think....although..."if it ain't broke..." haha! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I love pumpkin anything, and box spice cske is a fave too. Have to make these in the fall for sure. Thanks for stopping by. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Barbara! Me too! I'm a huge fan of all things pumpkin! Thanks for visiting and for your nice comment! =D

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much Melanie! Your blog is great too, I just had a chance to check it out! Thanks so much for coming by and saying hello! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been craving pumpkin recipes lately! These look awesome. Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them. They are just too easy to be so yummy! haha! Thanks for hosting such a neat blog..I'm your newest follower! =D

      Delete
  12. Yummy! I love pumpkin. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. I'm looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete