Thursday, February 14, 2013

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY - Our Valentine's Day Tablescapes!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

I know I usually don't show tablescapes on Thursdays, but I wanted to share our Valentine's Day tables with you today. 


At our home, we celebrate Valentine's Day not just for romantic love, but for the love of our family, friends and, most importantly, God's amazing love for us. 

Where would we be without love???

Here is our Breakfast table this morning for a special Valentine's Breakfast!  



To celebrate this wonderful day of love, I set up a nice breakfast for the whole family in our breakfast area with some mini red velvet cupcakes to start the day (after our breakfast, of course!)

The Tall Silver Candleholder is from Ross (clearance, $6.99...you'll also see this on the buffet later!) The Red vase is from Goodwill ($2) and the glass vase containing the roses is from Dollar tree. I also think the roses are from Dollar Tree.  I've had these for a while now.



The tablecloth is from Waverly, that I got at Ross ages ago.  The Dollar store "white workhorse plate" is at the bottom, followed by a wonderful Johnson Brothers plate that I found at Ross for $3.99 each.  I had to buy all 6!  Red toile is my FAVORITE!!!  I knew I wasn't going to find a deal like that again for a set of 6!




The bowls are also from Ross in the same pattern - $3.49 each...again, I got all 6!  Couldn't pass those up!

On top of that is a new "White Workhorse" plate from Gibson ($1 each at Goodwill...you'll also see these at the dinner table)

On top of that, a nice plate I got at our church's local thrift store as part of a teacup set (8 cups and 8 saucers for $7.50!  Unbelievable deal! and they are so versatile!)

The cloches from Ross set atop the little Red Velvet Cupcakes to keep them fresh!  =D



Our kids had a co-op class today, so while they were gone I put this table together for a special Valentine's Dinner!


I have had golds and purples for the last few weeks, so I was glad to be FINALLY putting away the purple and gold!!!  Not that I don't love those colors, but my eyes were ready for something new!  

Now it's time for some pinks and reds and silvers!  It was nice to bring some new colors out!

The Centerpiece is a three tiered candleabra that I got at Michael's for 40% off (yes, it's the same one used in THIS tablescape.)   



The new addition is two more pretty silver candleholders with drop down crystals that I found at our church's local thrift store for $1.75 and $2.25 each.  The cheaper one had one dangling crystal missing (which I was able to replace by taking one from the large candleabra!)   

I loved the effect this had, setting the two other candleholders on each side of the larger candleabra!



The candles were wrapped in some wire ribbon from Dollar Tree and secured with some small push pins in matching colors.

For the tablerunner, I took some sparkly colored cardstock from Michael's  (it came in a book of sparkly colored cardstock in various colors) and taped them together in this checkered pattern.  




Then I put this new lacy tablecloth over it.   Since the lacy tablecloth is just a square cloth, it made a nice table runner to lay over this tablerunner...so it didn't look like I had just put cardstock down!  It gave it kind of a fabric feel to it, I think.  

I think this made a very nice look for not a lot of money (cardstock was about $1 for the 6 pieces (since it came in a book) and the lacy overlay was $2 at Goodwill.




Now onto the dishes.  The pink chargers were form Michaels ($1.49 each on sale).   The White Dollar workhorse plate...back again!



Atop the white workhorse is this lovely mauve-colored plate with the prettiest design!  I could not believe these were just 50 CENTS each at Goodwill!!!  WOW!  I was able to get 5 of them at that great price!



Then came another white Gibson plate.  I love the patterns on the edges of this...with fruit and leaves.




Then those plates were topped with a lovely pink petal bowl!  I found a light pink one at a thrift store and got it for free!  (see how that happened HERE)  

Then today at HomeGoods, I found three others like it  (one more in the lighter pink color pink and two in a slightly darker pink, as shown above)  So I HAD to get them!  I was so excited...you have NO idea!  haha!



They looked really great with the other dishes!  To top them off, I put a cute little "glitter globe" in each bowl...from the Dollar Tree.  The flatware is an awesome Ross Find!  4 place settings (a 16 piece set) for $4.99!!  I just got them last week in anticipation of today and I couldn't believe the price.  I got a set in purple too, shown at this Tablescape.




Here was the buffet with the SPREAD!   Crock Pot Lasagna, (by request - Recipe HERE) carrots with ranch, and candy-covered strawberries!




I found the runner today at Joanne's Fabric...$2.99 a yard, I got a half yard and just scored myself a $1.50 table runner!  lol   The sparkly card stock also was featured with some various goodies on them...including sparkly fuchsia "icicle" ornaments and and some vases and candleholders.




We had RED fruit punch to drink in that glass pitcher, and I was able to pull out my large new cloche from Target (clearance for $7.98!)   I lined it with fuchsia sparkly mini ornaments and a nice candle to provide some ambiance!


My son said this was his favorite tablescape yet!  He even asked how I got so good at designing tablescapes.  

I told him I have found a lot of inspiration from my fellow blogging buddies, who have such inspirational tablescapes to share!  =D


I was just so happy with how this whole dinner turned out!  I was so thrilled that my family loved it too!  It was a very special day!


I hope you were able to celebrate love today!  Even if you don't have that significant other in your life...there is still so much love out there to be enjoyed...friendships, the love of family, and the love of God!  

He loves each and every one of us SO MUCH!  

Before I sign out for the night, I wanted to share One of my favorite passages in the Bible, they call the "Love Chapter" (1 Corinthians 13 - Message version)  Here is a portion of it...

This is the best description of Love I've ever heard or read about..from the CREATOR of Love!

It says....


"If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.


If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing....


...no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.



Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Sunday Showcase Party
Time To Shine
Pink Saturday





20 comments:

  1. Great job. Wow you found so many great deals! I think I need to hit Ross. Thanks for sharing. Visting from BNOP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shanee! Thanks so much! Yes, Ross has been having some really nice stuff lately! They're one of my favorite go-to stores for great stuff at good prices! Thanks so much for visiting and for your nice comment! =D

      Delete
  2. Always nice to see what a fellow Ross and Goodwill shopper comes up with! Both tables are so sweet! Love the effect of the paper under lace--great idea! How wonderful that your family recognizes how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elaine! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Yes, It really made my day when my son said that. I'm so glad it makes them as happy as it makes me to do them! Hope you have a great weekend! =D

      Delete
  3. Always nice to see what a fellow Ross and Goodwill shopper comes up with! Both tables are so sweet! Love the effect of the paper under lace--great idea! How wonderful that your family recognizes how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, both of your tablescapes are fabulous. I love the little cupcake under the cloche and I also love the cute little snow globes. Beautiful tablescapes. Thanks for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! I had to throw a few cloches in there so I could join your CLOCHE PARTY!! =D Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comment! There were some beautiful cloches at your party! =D

      Delete
  5. You have found some wonderful treasures at Ross, Goodwill and HomeGoods! But even better is that you have a way of putting these things into really lovely tablescapes that can be enjoyed by your family Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming to visit and for commenting! It has been such a great experience making these tables for my family! They really seem to appreciate the extra effort. =)

      Delete
  6. Absolutely beautiful tablescapes! Thank you for breaking it down as you did...going shopping to my nearest thrift stores asap!
    That pink petal bowl...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I had seen some other blogs do that, breaking it down plate by plate and saying where they got what they got. I always love finding out where and how some of these lovely tablescapes come about. I'll be heading out thrifting again soon as well....haha! I'm a total addict! =D Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. So beautiful and such great deals! I love how you layered the plates. And the little domes over the cupcakes at breakfast - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really glad you came by! Thanks for the nice comment too...it was a lot of fun putting both these tables together! =D Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful tablescapes!! I love those petal bowls! Wow, you hit the jackpot!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. So thrilled to have you share. Hope you are having a great week. :)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy!!! I really appreciate it! Have a great rest of the week! =D

      Delete
  9. Very romantic.

    My Pink
    Your comment will be greatly appreciated.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tablescape , most of all I love the message about love and the scripture
    you left us with....it sets the tone for valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tablescape , most of all I love the message about love and the scripture
    you left us with....it sets the tone for valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete