Monday, February 25, 2013

Tablescape Tuesday - "Apple Of My Eye" Tablescape

Hi everyone!  

Happy TABLESCAPE TUESDAY!!!!  I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

For this past "Sunday Family Dinner" I decided to continue on with the cheerful and bright theme that comes along with Spring, and even provide a little bit different St. Patrick's Day theme, if you're looking for a little St. Patty's Inspiration.

For those of you who who are new to my blog, Here is the info on our "Sunday Family Dinner"...  (if you've seen my blog a lot...you know this story...feel free to skip this part...haha!)
____________________________________
We started a new family tradition last month that I hope continues even after the kids are grown.

"SUNDAY FAMILY DINNERS!"

We pretty much have dinner together as a family every night, but on Sundays, we have a special dinner in the dining room as opposed to the kitchen table, where we normally eat.

I get out the fine china and candles and make a special meal and so far, it has been something we look forward to each week.
 
Then once a month, we invite some of our extended family to join us for a Sunday family dinner.
 
It's also been giving me a chance to do lots of new TABLESCAPES..haha!

To see my previous tablescapes from other Sunday Family Dinners, you can click here:

Sunday Family Dinner #1 - Red and Blue Toile
S.F.D.#2 - Black, White and Silver
S.F.D.#3 - Winter Woods With White
S.F.D.#4 - The "Royal Treatment"
S.F.D.#5 - Super Bowl Table
S.F.D. #6 - Mardi Gras Table
S.F.D #7 - Spring is Springing Up
_________________________


Soooo...for this week's "Sunday Family Dinner"  I present to you our "Apple of My Eye" Tablescape!

 The colors for this table are Lime Green (or GRANNY SMITH APPLE green) and Royal Blue!


I used my plain white tablecloth and found some great runner fabric, which is 2 half-yards of fabric from Joann's Fabric.  This was on sale for $3 per yard, so the 2 half-yards together made $3....some great inexpensive table runners!

For the napkins, I found these great lime green napkins at a thrift store for 25 cents each!  I bought 6!   They were in good condition, so I thought that was a great bargain!

Now for the "plate breakdown"    These lime green chargers are from Michaels.  They often have sales where they're $1.50...but if you can't wait for the sale, you can print out a coupon daily for 40% off any one item, and go get one a day until you have what you need.  This takes some discipline and planning, but it can be done!  It's a great way to save some money.



On top of that plate, I put a blue and white plate that I've had for YEARS!  I almost got rid of these plates, but decided not to at the last minute...and now I'm SO glad I didn't.  These plates worked perfectly with this theme!  The texture of these plates is great as well!


 On top of that plate is a plate I got at Goodwill for 50 cents each.  They had 4 of them, and I got all 4.  You can see they have more of a sage green leaf pattern in the middle, but that's fine, because there will be another plate on top of it...so all you will see are the edges...and I loved the shape of these edges!  =D


On top of that plate is the plate that was the inspiration for this color scheme!  This was another one of those great 50 cent plate/saucer finds.  They had 5 and I got all 5 of them.  I really like this color combo! 


On top of that saucer was a $1.50 ruffle bowl from Pier 1.  I love these little bowls because they are so versatile!

And to top it all off, each place setting had a nice green Granny Smith Apple in the bowls.  I loved how this looked at each place setting and this was their fruit for the evening, so it saved me some prep time making a fruit dish too! 

 I took these before I realized I forgot to put out the flatware...I have not found a great set of flatware yet, so it was just our general flatware...nothing fabulous...haha!


The Centerpiece is this lovely soup tureen that I found at Goodwill recently for just 10 dollars.   I just took off the lid and took out the ladle, and it makes a great place to hold green apples, lime green ornaments and little key limes!  =)

On either side are some blue tulip candeholders and on the sides of those are two cupcake domes filled with lime green ornaments and Key Limes.    A blue beaded garland ran across the table as well.

I kind of wish I would have done a little more right around the centerpiece, but oh well...shoulda, woulda, coulda....

We had some DELICIOUS  "Olive Garden" style Chicken Fetuccini Alfredo  (the recipe for the sauce is on the Olive Garden website) for the dinner and it was so tasty!

All in all, everyone had a great time!  

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope to see you again real soon!!  Have a great Day!

This post is being added to...

Tabletop Tuesday
Centerpiece Wednesday
Open House Party
Tablescape Thursday
Thrifty Things Friday
Seasonal Sunday
Masterpiece Monday


40 comments:

  1. Love your apple green and blue table! So bright and cheerful for Spring! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love if you link this wonderfull tablescape to my party. It is open until Easter and I will Feature as we go on Facebook and Pinterest. XO
    Isabelle
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/2013/02/death-by-chocolate-recipes-and-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this dinner theme and what a beautiful table. What time is dinner ;)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks Jessica! =D It was a fun family dinner!

      Delete
  4. Great deal on those cute saucers!! Nice that they inspired such a cute table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! I love when inspiration ends up being inexpensive! haha! Thanks for stopping by! =D

      Delete
  5. Your tablescape is fun with lots of textures. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color scheme!!!!! Perfect for this time of the year when you can't decide between dark and light, cheery and morose. I know your family is so glad the tradition of old-fashioned Sunday dinners together has been resurrected!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alycia! Thanks again for stopping by! I agree...I may have to one last "farewell to winter" table before Spring is in "Full Bloom" but it's sure fun to get out the light and bright colors! Hope you have a great week, girl! =D

      Delete
  7. Yes, it is a great color scheme, love the apple green color. So fun to design and it looks very Springy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! It was fun to use the apples in the tablescape. That was a first for me! =D Thanks so much for visiting and for your nice comment! =D

      Delete
  8. Love the great colors and textures. The green has become one of my favorite colors. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marty! Yes, I agree, this color is so cheerful! Thanks so much for stopping by! =D

      Delete
  9. What a happy table. I love the polka dot plates! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Would love it if you would share this at the Make it Pretty Monday party. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/02/make-it-pretty-monday-week-38.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathryn! Thanks so much! I'll come check out your link party! I love link parties! =D

      Delete
  10. I just love this theme - everything looks soooooooooooo beautiful!
    You definitely have a special talent :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Winnie! I really appreciate it! =D

      Delete
  11. Really cute! you can't beat lime green with anything! I have almost bought some of those lime chargers twice and talked myself out of it, but they are back on my mind now! I started the Sunday night tradition with a dining room dinner when my children were little. Now they are in their 30's and their favorite place to gather is our dining room table and never turn down an invite! You will create so many memories for your family. We have to keep dining from becoming a lost art....
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jenna! I'm not sure if you know or not, but Michael's pretty much has daily online coupons for 40% off one item. If you live close to one, you could go every day and bring a coupon and get a nice deal on those chargers! I know that's a lot of work, but it's a great price if you can do it! That's awesome that your grown children still love to come back for your special family dinners...that's my hope in doing these as well! =D Thanks so much for stopping by! =D

      Delete
  12. This is a great color scheme for St. Paddy's Day!

    <3 Christina @ I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original link party is open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! I really appreciate you stopping by! =D

      Delete
  13. Lovely!! :) Thanks for visiting me today! So glad to "meet" you :) Enjoying browsing around your sweet blog!

    Your Newest GFC Follower,
    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda! Thanks so much! I loved looking at your blog as well! Hope you have a great day! Thanks so much for following my blog as well. That really means a lot!

      Delete
  14. I LOVE blue and green as your color combo! The bargains you found are so cute...such a touch of whimsy with the polka dots and flowers. I love that you kept the centerpiece simple and real. Thanks for your visit! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kitty! This was a fun table to put together! Have a great evening! Thanks again for stopping by! =D

      Delete
  15. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Tablescape lots of textures, you did a lovely job putting this all together for St. Patrick's Day. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks Marigene! This is one of my faves as well! Thanks for stopping by! =D

      Delete
  17. Oh I' am loving this! Such great colors. Just wonderful.

    Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tablescaper! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  18. Apple green and blue are a wonderful combo. Love the cute plates with the polka dots too. Beautiful table for your Sundays Family Dinner. '-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sarah! I really appreciate it! =D

      Delete
  19. What a lovely table! Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Beautiful colors and great prices!! Thank you for sharing your table with us at TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Excellent web site you have here.. It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    Also visit my blog - christmas shopping

    ReplyDelete