Monday, February 11, 2013

Makeover Monday - Foyer Valentine Transformation!

Good Morning all!

Today's "Makeover Monday" is all about the "LOVE".   Basically I'm just showing my new decor for Valentine's Day in our front foyer!

Here's How my foyer looked after the original transformation (where I completely de-cluttered and showed the frame craft I made....Full post FOUND HERE)


Thankfully we've managed to keep it clutter free (MOST of the time...haha)  which is a good thing!

So here's how I took this foyer to THIS ONE....again, this was a very inexpensive makeover....costing $0 (considering I used stuff I already had, but if you add up the cost of the items purchased, it would still be less than $15!!!




The Vase, I found for $2 at Goodwill back in January.  The Silver pillar candleholder (which I had a white candle on, but I almost like the symmetry of not having it on a little better)  I got at Ross on clearance for $6.99.   The white flowers were from Michaels on sale for 50% off, so I snagged them up for $4!   The New inserts for the frames cost me a few cents!

I just love how I can create new looks with these frames for the seasons/holidays so inexpensively!  Each season has 6 letters (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn) so that will make it easy, but the winter frames didn't really work so well with Valentine's Decor, and I will want special decor for St. Patrick's Day too....soooo...I was able to easily put these frames to good use by changing out the scrapbook paper and adding some letters that I printed out from Microsoft Word.  

I found an awesome "seasons" book of scrapbook paper for $9.99 (on sale from $20) at Michaels a few months ago and it's been perfect!  



The box where I put our keys and other clutter is still the same and the heart dish (which I've had for years) is filled with cinnamon chips for a nice cinnamon smell when you enter (although I'm not sure how good they work...)

Anyway, that's today's MONDAY MAKEOVER!  Thanks for visiting!  

This post is being added to...
Metamorphosis Monday
Tip Me Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. I never realized that the names of the seasons all had the same number of letters! Silly me just always called autumn the "fall." LOL
    Your foyer wall looks cute- my chest in the hall never looks nice and neat like this- just call me messy..... Thanks for visiting this morning.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Thanks so much! Yes, mine was that same way...full of clutter and junk and it just wasn't welcoming...it took a LONG LONG time for me to finally get it de-cluttered. I'm eventually hoping to get a new table for our foyer, one with a little more pizazz, but I haven't found it yet, at a price I want to pay...haha! Thanks again for visiting! Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for coming by! Glad to have you and I hope you get some inspiration too. So nice to meet you, enjoy you blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by my page! I'm so glad I found your awesome blog! Very nice to meet you too! Looking forward to seeing more of your great posts! =D

      Delete
  3. What a fun entryway! I love that you can just change out the papers and message with each season or holiday! I'm your newest GFC follower. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment on my Valentine's Buffet. I appreciate your visit and kind words. I hope you'll visit again soon and maybe even follow me back. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nici! Thanks so much! It does make the decorating a little easier to just change out the papers...I do LOVE easy decorating! So glad we're following eachother. I'm looking forward to keeping up with what you're doing...you've got some great ideas!

      Delete
  4. I am nearly 55 years old, and I never stopped to think that all 4 seasons have 6 letters! How red in the face do you think I am right now? :-) This is really cute!!!!!! You can have all sorts of fun thinking up 6-letter words! The fact that you're able to do it on a dime makes it that much more enticing! Great makeover idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I never thought of it until I made these frames. I started with Autumn, which was when I first saw this craft idea...if I would have started with any other season, I'm not sure I would have gotten it..haha! Thanks so much for the nice comment, and for visiting! =D

      Delete
  5. I love how easy it is to switch out. Thanks for sharing it at Fluster's Creative Muster

    ReplyDelete