Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Whadda We Eatin' Wednesday #4 - Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff!!!

Hi everyone!!!

Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week is going great!   For me, it's going by fast!

I can't believe that one month ago I started this blog!  It's already received over 5000 views.  Thank you so much all who have come to visit and read this blog!  I can't tell you how grateful I am that you have come by!    I'm so thankful to have encountered so many wonderful people through this blog!  =D

Well, It's already time for another "Whadda We Eatin' Wednesday"

Today I'm going to share a WONDERFUL Beef Stroganoff recipe in the crock pot.  If you like Beef Stroganoff, you will love this simple recipe!!!

I had never made beef stroganoff before, and since I'm always trying to make new things for our "Sunday Family Dinners"  I wanted to try it out. 

I found this recipe on Pinterest....pretty much my go-to place for ideas (along with some of the blogs I'm following).  It looked easy and yummy, so I thought it would be worth trying!

Here are the ingredients I used (pretty similar to the original recipe I found here)




*2 pounds cubed stew meat
*2 cans Campbell's Condensed "Golden Mushroom" Soup
*1 largish onion - diced
*4 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce
*1/2  cup water  (this makes a thicker sauce...if you like a thinner sauce, you'll need to add more water)
*8 oz of cream cheese
*Garlic Powder, Onion Powder and Paprika to taste.  I probably put in about 1 tbsp each.
*Pasta of your choice  (traditionally, egg noodles are used...I'm low carbing so I used Dreamfields' Linguine noodles and they were pefect!)



I started by doing a quick sautee of the onion in butter and just searing the stew meat a bit...not too much, just a bit.   This is just an optional step I did that wasn't in the original recipe.   



Then I put the cans of soup, the 1/2 cup of water, worstershire  and the onions and meat into the crock pot...stirred it around and put it on low for 7 hours.  

At the 7 hour mark, I cut in the cream cheese and turned the crock pot on high...stirred and cooked for another 1/2 hour.   This makes a nice thick sauce to put over the pasta!


The kids didn't love it, but my husband and I were going crazy for it!   



And the leftovers are even better the next day!  So flavorful and delicious!!!  

The sauce is fairly thick so you can either add water or don't fully drain your pasta....leaving just a little water to thin the sauce as you stir it in.

If you try this, I'd love to hear what you think!  It couldn't be easier to make, that's for sure, and we grown-ups thought it was awesome!!

Thanks so much for joining me today!  


If you are a Facebook user, please come check out my Facebook page, where I will have fun discussions, updates, pictures, and much more. 
 
Also, if you are enjoying this blog, please follow it! I would love to follow you right back if you are a blogger yourself, so we can keep up with eachother!

I hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!  Thanks again for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!

This post is being added to...

Share Your Cup Thursday
Open House Party
Pin Me Link Party
Super Sweet Saturday
Weekend Wrap Up Party
Your Great Idea
Saturday Showcase
A Pinteresting Party
Pinning on Pinterest Party
Get Schooled Saturday
On The Menu Monday
Tuesday To Do
Pretty Things Link Party
Wonderful Food Wednesday
Foodie Friday

26 comments:

  1. Another great recipe! My daughter uses her crockpot a lot so I'll share this with her!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I really appreciate it! Hope your daughter likes the recipe! I was so happy with how easy and yummy it was! =D Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging! You are off to a great start I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. This dish looks wonderful and I appreciate you sharing the recipe at the Open House party. I am a new follower. xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry! Thanks so much! I'm just loving the blogosphere! I love how we're all sharing ideas and it's like a community! Thanks for the nice welcome! I really enjoy your link party! They are so fun to be a part of...I'm loving finding new blogs with great ideas that I never would have found otherwise! Thanks again and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. This was always one of my favorite dishes my mom made and I haven't made it in years. You have me salivating! I need to make it while it is still cold outside and we are wanting wonderful comfort food. congrats on so many page views already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqueline! It was so yummy! I've had beef stroganoff before, but not very often, so when I saw this recipe, I thought I'd try it out. This makes a WONDERFUL comfort food. It's also a good low-carb food with Dreamfields Pasta (a low carb pasta that tastes just like regular pasta...it's uncanny!)

      Delete
  4. I think my husband would love this too! Pinning for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Hope you have a chance to try it. It's like a party in your mouth! haha!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. This was super easy and good, if you try it, let me know what you think! I'm looking forward to trying out your King Cake on Tuesday, by the way! =D

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this at the 'Or so she says ...' link party! I just pinned it to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariel for hosting it! Thanks for pinning as well. Let me know how you liked it when you try it! =D

      Delete
  7. I always like a new crockpot recipe! You can only have so many roasts!!! This founds delicious!
    Cheri
    Curtain Lady Design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheri! Great to hear from you! I agree, I love finding easy new recipes in the crock pot. This was really good too and not complicated to make, which I also love! =D

      Delete
  8. I do make Stroganoof every now and then, but have never tried it in the crockpot. Looks like a wonderful way to have a cook ahead meal. Thanks so much for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! I have to say, I'm really glad I was able to learn to make it. I sure wish the kids would have liked it better, but it'll be a great one to make for just me and the hubby for the future! Thank YOU for hosting that great link party! =D

      Delete
  9. I love using my slow cooker and am beginning to think there's nothing you can't do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lulu! Isn't it great? I've seen all kinds of neat recipes lately using the crock pot! I love it! Thanks for stopping by and for your comment! Have a great day! =D

      Delete
  10. Hi Robin! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm YOUR newest follower now! I'll definitely come check out your party as well! I love a good link party! =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks really yummy! And congrats on your page views that is awesome! Thank you for sharing at Pretty Things this week :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya! Thanks so much! It was so good. I didn't know I could cook like that! haha! I'd actually be pretty lost without recipes. I'm so glad people write down the stuff that works! =D Thanks again for stopping by! Love your blog and your link party! Thanks again!

      Delete
  12. Oh, that looks yummy! I love stroganoff! I've never used cream cheese before. I'll have to give this recipe a try! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do too, but never had the guts to make it until this recipe came along. I just LOVE my crock pot!!! =D Thanks for hosting the Pinteresting party! I really enjoyed being part of it and seeing so many cute ideas! =D

      Delete
  13. hello from Montana

    just found your site! will try it next time we go to our cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Hope you enjoy it! It's great comfort food for those chilly Montana evenings! =D Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  14. I'm really and truly going to make this this week!

    ReplyDelete