Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ladies Prayer Breakfast Tablescape

Hi everyone!

I hope you're doing well and having a great weekend!

I have a new tablescape I wanted to share with you today!  

I recently hosted my very first Homeschool Mom's Prayer Breakfast!   It was just me and 3 other girls who are also Homeschool Moms.  I thought it would be a nice thing to have some "girl time" and really spend some time praying for eachother and for the remainder of the homeschool year.  

I really wanted to make this a special time for the ladies, as these girls are such a blessing to me!  So, my goal was to create a really pretty setting and some yummy food and just have a nice peaceful environment to open up and share with eachother and pray for one another.

And nothing speaks "peaceful" to me like BLUE AND WHITE TOILE with a cheerful sunny yellow!

I have been wanting to put this table together ever since I saw Yvonne from Stone Gable's Harbingers of Spring tablescape!  I just fell in love with it, and knew I wanted to create something similar for this wonderful breakfast!

I love the sunny feel of the blue and white toile with the yellow. 

Here is what I came up with!


I decided to host this in our patio room since it is such a sunny and peaceful place.  I moved some of the furniture around to make some room for the table (not too much, just a big ottoman, an end table, and a desk chair)  and I brought in our round patio table from outsdie.  It seemed like it might be just the right size for an intimate gathering of friends! 

On it, I put a long white round tablecloth that reaches to the floor. (to hide the...um...."outdoor" look of this patio table) 
Then I put one of my great Goodwill Finds, this pretty lacy tablecloth, over it to make it less stark white and more ivory in color.  On top of that is a pretty April Cornell Table Runner I found at Homegoods.  Not super cheap ($10), but worth it!  I love this pretty pattern!



Ok, ready for the plate breakdown???

 My base is just my lovely Dollar Store "White Workhorse" plate (are you getting sick of seeing these yet? I know they're on almost all my tablescapes, but that's the beauty of these plates! I love how they provide some texture while being versatile enough to go from casual to fancy! I ALSO love that they were only $1 EACH at Dollar Tree!!!)


On top of that are these beautiful new Johnson Brothers plates I found at TJ Maxx recently for a steal!  $2.99 each, I believe!!!   I found 4 of them, and bought them all!   They were just perfect!



On top of that are my Dollar Tree yellow bowls!   These are not nearly as gorgeous as Yvonne from Stone Gable's Daffodil bowls, but I couldn't find those anywhere, and these were only $1 and kind of did the job of adding that gorgeous yellow color right where I wanted it! 

Then, on top of that are these adorable blue and white toile porcelain containers!  I found these just a few days before the breakfast at the Dollar Tree (of all places!), and thought they'd make the perfect little gifts for my guests! 
 


Then, right behind the containers, I put a small Place card with each guest's name, the event, and a great scripture from the Bible that I learned a long time ago, but felt like it would be great with this event. 




It's Malachi 3:16 and it says "Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name."

I love this verse and I loved how we were able to get together, get to know one another, and enjoy a great time of helping eachother and praying for one another!  I just love these ladies!   =D

I am also excited to say that I feel like I was able to really sit down and spend some good time with them this time as well!  Instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off!   I was able to do a lot of preparing ahead of time, and that made all the difference!!!  
 


I had the entire table set and everything but the food and drinks out on the buffet by the night before.  Then, in the morning, I got up early and got right to work making the food and such.   



When my first friend arrived, I was just about done, and didn't have much left to do, so I was able to sit down and talk with my friends once everything was out!   It was so nice not to be stressing out over everything!  
 

Thanks so much for joining me today!  It means so much that you stopped by!  Have a great rest of your weekend!

This post is being added to....

Seasonal Sundays
A Bouquet of Talent
Masterpiece Monday
Tabletop Tuesday
Wow Us Wednesdays
Tuesdays Treasures
Pretty Things Link Party
Centerpiece Wednesday
Tablescape Thursday
Let's Dish
Feathered Nest Friday
Be Inspired Friday
Festive Friday Fiesta




63 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cheery breakfast table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks lovely. Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! This one was so fun to put together!

      Delete


  3. Your table looks beautiful with blue and yellow mix.candle stand very pretty...:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal! Thanks for your visit and for your sweet comment! This is one of my favorite color combinations, so I was definitely happy to have an occasion to use these colors! =D

      Delete
  4. This is just so pretty - I'll bet your guests were blown-away by your tablescaping talent! I cannot believe that you found those boxes at Dollar Tree. I just commented on another blog that we never get wonderful things at our Dollar Tree! The April Cornell runner is beautiful and you pulled everything together in such a creative way. Home Run!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diane! You know, it's funny, we have several Dollar Tree stores fairly close to my house and I've noticed that most don't have as good of a selection as the one that just happens to be the closest to my house. I'm not sure if it's just that the people nearer to the other ones buy the good stuff up more quickly or what...haha, but I do think it depends on which one you go to, sometimes. Thanks for your visit and your nice comment! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. What a splash of sunshine! Your friends are so lucky to have been a part of your breakfast! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lisa! I'll definitely come on by very soon. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. So bright and cheerful! I Love the blue and yellow together! You are ready for Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really did a great job! Bright, sunshiny colors with lots of personality! I think it's neat that you provided your friends/co-homeschooling moms the opportunity to get together for some time as adults. Moms need that every so often! Great score on all the dishes. You needn't apologize for using those great white dishes repeatedly. Like you said, that's why you bought them! You knew they would work well for lots of looks. That's smart, economical, and prudent...all the things we strive for in this economy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alycia! It was a good morning and much needed for all of us moms! haha! I'm so glad you stopped by! I always enjoy hearing from you! =D

      Delete
  8. So sweet!! I want to do the same thing w/my Pre-K team this Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! I hope your Pre-K team will enjoy your lovely creation! =) This is truly one of my favorite color combos!

      Delete
  9. It's beautiful! What a lovely breakfast for your dear friends. I know you must have all enjoyed such a time of fellowship and prayer. Thanks for sharing at A Humble Creation!

    I really wish I could go shopping with you...you have quite the knack for spotting some really great deals. And I think the dollar store plates are a wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It was a wonderful time! Thanks! I sure wish I could go shopping with you too...and out for lunch too!!! You seem like such a fun person to hang out with and I KNOW we'd have lots to talk about! haha! =D

      Delete
  10. Lovely table and lovely idea! This color scheme is great, and wish I had been there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful tablescape. I love the mix of dishes and the flowers are so pretty. Truly lovely. So perfect for a get-together with friends for prayer. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marty! =D It's always a pleasure to be a part of Tabletop Tuesday! =D

      Delete
  12. Saaaa weeet. I love the blues, whites and yellows. and I cannot believe you got those plates for dollar! Loved your tablescape....I'm going to be a new follower here! can't wait to see what you do next :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thanks so much for your visit and your sweet comment! I am so glad you stopped by! Thanks for following my blog as well! Do you have a blog as well?

      Delete
  13. So lovely - I'm a big fan of yellow and blue as well and you really nailed it with your pretty table. The little boxes that you put in the bowls are so pretty - I can't believe they are from a dollar store. I'm glad you were able to take the time to have a lunch together with friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I'm very blessed to have a wonderful husband who took the kiddos out for a nice morning so I could have these ladies over and just talk and pray! It was much needed for all of us, I think! haha! Yes, I was so shocked to see those cute little boxes at the Dollar Tree! I almost did the "happy dance" right then and there! haha! Thanks so much for stopping by and for the sweet comment! Come on back anytime! =D

      Delete
  14. April Cornell textiles are just too beautiful to pass up. I'm currently on the hunt for a serger sewing maching so that I can whip up napkins in gorgeous fabrics that suit my seasonal fancy and they will likely be less expensive than paying April Cornell prices -- even at HomeGoods reduced prices.Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jennie! I agree..I really wish they weren't so expensive, or I'd get all her stuff...haha! She's great! That's a good idea! I recently saw some fabric that had a similar look to one of her table runners, and I sure wish my sewing machine was working! =D

      Delete
  15. The yellow and blue colors are beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration. I will be following you.

    Blessings, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol! I really appreciate that! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  16. Love this! There's nothing like blue and white.

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tablescaper! Great to be part of Seasonal Sundays! =D

      Delete
  17. Love, love your color selection. I like how you mixed all the dishes. I have seen the blue and white a DL. They are beautiful. What great buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by! Thanks for the sweet comment! It means a lot! Hope you have a good week!

      Delete
  18. Blue and yellow are made for each other, as this pretty table demonstrates! Did you mention the teacups? They are beautiful and a pattern I've never seen before. I know your friends felt honored to sit at the special table you set for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tricia! Actually I forgot to mention those! Thanks for the reminder! Those are Gibson teacups and saucers and I got them for $1.50 per set (of cup and saucer) at our church's local Thrift store! Thanks for your visit and for the sweet comment! Have a great evening!

      Delete
  19. Blue, white, & yellow....it's long been my favorite color combination. You've used each color in just the right proportion; I love every element of your table, and I know that your HS friends were covered with blessings from your careful planning. I'm going to jet by Dollar Tree to see if mine happens to have some of those cool blue and white containers...so pretty! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cherry Kay! Your gorgeous tablescapes...and your wonderful hospitality...have been an inspiration to me as I've read your posts. I hope you're able to find some of those containers! I couldn't believe it when I saw those! For just $1!!! Thanks again and have a great night!

      Delete
  20. Blue white and yellow. a wonderful combination. I love the plates your found! How wonderful to put a scripture passage at each setting.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlis! Thanks so much! I was so thankful to find some nice Johnson Brothers' plates after seeing so many other blogger friends and their gorgeous toile plates! I'm so glad you stopped by! Have a great night!

      Delete
  21. Great colors - love the assortment of dishes you used (and none of them look like they came from the DT!!) The cute little gift boxes are such a sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Patti! Thank you so much! I've really been impressed with some of the things that Dollar Tree has been putting out lately! Did you see the "fiesta" plates? Those look a whole lot like the Pier 1 plates that are much more pricey! So glad to have you visit! Come back anytime! =D

      Delete
  22. Your making me want to take a trip to the Dolllar store! If you can make everything from the dollar store look so fabulous, you know you have set a wonderful table. Very pretty!! I am sure your guests enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Hi Ann! Yes, they do get some great stuff from time to time. Thanks for your sweet comment! We had a great time! I can't wait for the next one!!! =D

      Delete
  23. I always say you can't miss with blue and white, but if you toss in some sunny yellow it's even better. '-)
    Pretty table. I'm sure your friends appreciated your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm like you..blue and white are always a winner in my book too! =D Thanks for your visit and your sweet comment, Sarah! Have a wonderful day! =D

      Delete
  24. Every single piece came together to make a stunning table!! I would have felt incredibly special if I were to sit at your sunny table. And...the little gift boxes...perfect. I love how God helps us put together just the right combination of pretty things to love on and bless our friends. I believe he was blessed too by your gift of hospitality 'splashed' all over your friends.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! Thank you so much! It was a very nice morning! The ladies are such great people and it just felt nice having breakfast in a setting with some of my favorite colors! =D I totally agree with you! God is great, isn't He?!?! I'm amazed at the wonderful things He eose to make His children feel special! =D Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  25. Beautiful! Love the blue with the pop of yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jewel! I really appreciate it! Have a great evening! =)

      Delete
  26. How cheery and beautiful! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna! Thank you very much! This is one of my favorite tablescapes that I've done...and I owe so much of the inspiration to Yvonne from Stone Gable and her awesome Spring Tablescape with these same colors! =D

      Delete
  27. So beautiful, love the blue and yellow together and the April Cornell table runner is just gorgeous. Great table!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your table looks so beautiful! Love the blue and yellow. So cheerful. Great job.Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love blue and yellow together and you did a fantastic job with your tablescape. So fresh, bright, and spring-like!
    Heather from Friendship, Life and Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather! I'm the same way...there's something just so fresh about the blue/yellow combo! =D

      Delete
  30. I love this whole tablescape. The blue and white dishes are gorgeous. I have collected blue and white for 30 years now!!! Love the pops of yellow. Yvonne is a good friend of mine and the QUEEN when it comes to talescapes:) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pinky!!! Yes, Yvonne is one of my heroes, it's true! I could look at her beautiful tables for hours...and actually HAVE looked at them for hours...haha! Thanks again for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! Have a great week!

      Delete
  31. What an absolutely lovely table. Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  32. So pretty! Love the blue and white with pops of yellow....and the table runner is just perfect for this arrangement!

    ReplyDelete