Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Whadda We Eatin' Wednesday - Boston Market/Disney Easy Sweet Cornbread Bites.

Well, hello everyone! Hard to believe it's already Wednesday! But, that means it's time for another...
Whadda We Eatin' Wednesday!
This week I would like to share with you a super easy recipe for some of the best cornbread I've ever had!
We hosted an outdoor movie night the other night with some other homeschool families and I made these to go along with a crockpot chili I made.
The recipe is very simple!  I found it on Pinterest recently, the blog that posted it (The Sisters' Dish) called it "Boston Market Cornbread" and then, my mother was telling me that one of her friends made it as well for a get-together she had and everyone loved it.
So, without further ado, here is the recipe..
First you take 1 box of cornbread mix, and 1 box of yellow cake mix.  Add the ingredients to make them according to the package directions (pretty much eggs, oil, water and maybe milk).


Prepare each according to the package directions, then combine them into one bowl and mix well.
Then, scoop  the mixture into greased muffin pans (make each muffin cup about half full)  and put them in the oven for the same amount of time that the cake mix calls for.  I made both bite sized muffins (which, next time I will make the entire mix this way...they were so cute and easy to pop in your mouth!  haha!) and the regular sized muffins.  The smaller ones took about 15 minutes at 375.  The larger ones were about 18 or 19 minutes. 


Here's how they turned out for the party! 
 
I'm telling you, the kids loved them and my daughter, who is NOT a bread-eater, also loved them and kept asking for more! 
 
I can see why!  They were very good.
Hope you enjoy!!!
This post is being added to...

10 comments:

  1. We love the Boston Market corn muffins because there're kinda sweet, lol..so if you tell me that your not-bread eater daughter loved them, then we must try them for sure! Thanks for testing Pinterest recipes, sometimes they don't turn as good as they look! :0)
    Have a great week!
    Lizy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get outta here! I have heard of sweet cornbread, and even eaten it at Boston Market. I had no idea cake mix was involved!!! I'll bet the texture is really great as well as the taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping over to Pin your yummy muffins from the POP Party at Fox Hollow Cottage! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I'm sure they were a hit for your movie night!
    Thanks for sharing at A New Creation...always a pleasure to see what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! And not something I would ever think of! Would love for you to share this at what i am eating http://www.townsend-house.com/2013/03/what-i-am-eating_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a cool recipe! I have to try it! I LOVE cornbread!!! Thanks for sharing this!!

    ~Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great recipe and how easy. We have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this and any other posts with everyone. It runs from Tuesday night through midnight Sunday. We also have a $50.00 Visa Gift Card Giveaway. Here is the link to the party.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2013/03/wednesdays-adorned-from-above-blog-hop_26.html
    We hope to see you there.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh will definitely be pinning and trying this! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Semi Homemade :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great. I've tried Jiffy mix before, but never mixing with cake mix. I might have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Made the cake mix according to a pin I found that tells you how to adjust the ingredients to make your cake taste like it came out of a bakery, http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73042825180211950/. Let's see....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete