Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY #7 - Delcious Crock Pot "As Good as Honey-Baked" Ham

Hey all!

I hope you're having a great week!   Ours has been eventful, with an emergency trip to the dentist because my son's tooth cap was coming off.  We were long overdue for a dentist visit anyway so I took both the kids.  Fortunately, the cap was coming off because the tooth was coming out, so that was a relief.   I also found out that my son will likely need braces and both kids are about to have multiple visits from the tooth fairy very soon!

Well, it's Wednesday...and that means it's time for another
WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!!!

I'm very excited to share with you a new recipe I found for a DELICIOUS CROCK POT HAM!

I found this recipe on Pinterest, while looking for an easy Crock Pot Ham recipe for my "Green Eggs and HAM" for our Doctor Seuss Themed Tablescape celebrating Dr. Seuss's Birthday!

Let me tell you, this ham was so good!  I might even go so far as to say it was as good as the "Honey Baked Hams" from the "Honey Baked Ham" Store!  

A bold claim?  Yes indeed...however, I'm willing to make it because my whole family agreed (except for my non-ham-eating daughter)  that this was an amazing ham.  Even my gourmet cook father and his girlfriend loved it!   We all kept going back for more!

It was also so easy....of course...because I'm definitely all about easy!  I'm totally going to make this again for Easter Dinner!  We have lots of company coming and this was just too easy and too delicious not to make again!!!

Here's the recipe.  Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the full ham coming out of the crock pot...but I'll use the pinterest picture for that. 

Here's what you'll need....



 
1.  A ham that will fit in your crock pot (pre-cooked, preferably spiral sliced, but if you can't find that, just pre-cooked works) 

2.  4 cups of Brown Sugar

3.  1 can of chunk pineapple with the juice 
(I used one can, but i might use 2 next time, because the pineapples infused with the brown sugar and ham juices were just SO delicious, I wanted more!)
 
That's it!  3 ingredients!  So Easy!


First, you line the crock pot with about 2 1/2 cups of your brown sugar.


Then you open the ham and let all the juices run into the crock pot...then place the ham in there.

Then you open the can(s) of pineapple and just dump them onto the ham.

Then sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the brown sugar over top of the ham!

Let it cook on low for 7-8 hours.   About halfway through, I turned my ham over and sprinked another 1/2 cup of brown sugar over the other side. 

Once finished, make sure to drizzle some of that delicious brown sugar pineapple sauce all over the ham slices!



This makes a delicous ham that my family really loved...  I am so glad I tried it this way...No fuss...just deliciousness! 



Here's the presentation of the "Green Eggs and Ham" 

And may I say again...those pineapple chunks with that brown sugar glaze...ooooh myyyyy!  So delicious!

Hope you enjoy this recipe!  Let me know if you try it!

Also, don't forget, tomorrow (Thursday) night at 8pm ET I will be opening the link for the very first FESTIVE FRIDAY FIESTA Link Party!  I'd love to see your creations! 

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day!

This post is being added to....
Show N Share Wednesday
Open House Party
Showcase Your Talent Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Be Inspired Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Foodie Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Pinworthy Projects
On the Menu Monday
Tuesday To Do
Weekend Wrap Up
Get Schooled Saturday
Crock Pot Recipe Link Party

25 comments:

  1. I am always looking for a new slow cooker recipe and this one looks great! I'm going to keep my eyes open for a spiral ham.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Tablescaper! I hope you enjoy it! I just loved the taste with that pineapple brown sugar glaze! I think it would have been even better with a spiral cut ham, and next time I make it, I think I'll make sure to get one of those! I imagine with Easter coming up, they'll start to stock them again! Thanks so much for visiting and for your comment! Have a great week! =D

      Delete
  2. I'm all for it, sister! Easter ham...look out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahoo! Yes, this was my first time making a ham, and I have to say, I don't know that I'll want to make it any other way...and I definitely won't need to spend so much money on those Honey Baked Hams anymore! YAY!!! Hope you're doing great! =D

      Delete
  3. Aren't slow cookers wonderful? This is perfect. especially with Easter coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly me, while working on We three dogs and me's blog, I left you a comment.
    This is Linda, from Life and Linda. My comment is above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! Oh, no problem! I am such a huge fan of the slow cooker too! It is the best time saver for making great dishes! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your comment! =D

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely going to try this! It sounds delicious and easy....the best of combinations. Thanks so much for the recipe. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I love easy and delicious! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Cherry Kay! =D

      Delete
  6. I bet that's really good! I love using my crockpot! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super yummy! I'm making it again for Easter Dinner, it was so good! Thanks for hosting such a great party! =D

      Delete
  7. I think I might make this for our Easter dinner! It looks and sounds delish! I would love to have you share it at the Rock ‘N Share! Blessings, D

    ReplyDelete