Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Whadda We Eatin'...er....DRINKIN' Wednesday? Cinnamon Coffee Without the Cinnamon "Clumps"!!!

Are you a coffee fan?  I am....I'm actually a coffee fanATIC!!!   I definitely love a good cup of coffee in the morning!   I like my coffee strong yet doctored up....and one of my favorite things is CINNAMON coffee!

Cinnamon is a wonderful spice on so many levels...not only is it yummy, it's a great anti-inflamatory spice, it helps to regulate blood sugar, and it is also has disinfecting properties! 

I love cinnamon coffee, but I do NOT love the clumps that come from putting cinnamon into my cup of coffee!

Sooooo.....Here's a tip to get the wonderful flavor of Cinnamon Coffee but without the clumps!



PUT THE CINNAMON IN WITH THE COFFEE GROUNDS  when you put your coffee into the coffee maker!!!

The water filters through the coffee grounds AND the cinnamon, infusing that great cinnamon flavor in with the coffee flavor for a rich, delicious brew!

We like our cinnamon in our coffee so we put in 2-3 TBSP in with our coffee grounds...because we like STRONG coffee.  It cuts out a lot of the bitterness of the coffee as well and gives a great cinnamon coffee taste every time!



I use Sugar Free Hazelnut Creamer from Aldi as well (even though I had to buy from Walmart this week due to convenience), and my Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee is a delicous start to my busy day!  

Hope you enjoy this tip!  If you try this, let me know what YOU think!   Thanks again for stopping by and I look forward to seeing you soon!  =D

This post is being added to...
Open House Party
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits
Showcase Your Talent
Transformation Thursday
Feathered Nest Friday
Pin Me Link Party

34 comments:

  1. That is a truly brilliant idea! I am going to try this!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy! It changed everything for me when I learned this tip...no more cinnamon clumps in my coffee!!! Thanks so much for your visit and your comment! Hope you have a wonderful week! Love your blog, by the way! =D

      Delete
  2. You are making me crave a cup right now! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne! I'm craving one myself! haha! Thanks for stopping by and for hosting T,T&T! =D

      Delete
  3. This sounds so yummy! I could go for a cup right now too! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment about my Book Page Decoupage Eggs. I appreciate your visit and your kind words. Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nici! You're so welcome! That was such a cute idea! Have a great week too!! =D

      Delete
  4. Yep, that's what we do too. Nutmeg is good also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH! That's a good idea too, Manuela! I'll have to try adding some nutmeg in with the cinnamon! Thanks for the tip! Have a great week, and thanks so much for stopping by! =D

      Delete
  5. This sounds delicious! Nothing is better than a good cup of coffee....without the ridiculous price-tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I love my coffee this way, and now can't imagine making it any other way (except I will be trying Manuela's tip above tomorrow!!! haha!)

      Delete
  6. I am not a coffee drinker at all - to me it is the worst taste, however the aroma is one of my favorite scents - strange, isn't it? And I know I would love the smell of this in the morning!!! Thanks for visiting Pandora's Box and your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I totally understand that, because that's how I used to be. I loved the smell but not the taste (and sometimes my husband argues that I STILL don't love the taste because of how much I "doctor it up"...haha! Thanks for visiting and commenting! Have a great evening! =D

      Delete
  7. I love the aroma of coffee, and the taste is pretty good. With cinnamon added....the taste would be even better!!! I don't get to drink "leaded" coffee anymore due to issues with hypertension. I can definitely taste the difference between leaded and unleaded. Perhaps adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to the pot would liven it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alycia! Yes, I have to admit, that cinnamon in the coffee really makes it so much better for me....I'm sorry to hear you can't have the "leaded" version anymore. I can also tell the difference.. You will have to let me know what you think if you try this trick with your decaf sometime! =D Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. It looks delish! I love cinnamon! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! It really does make the coffee taste even better! Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment! =D

      Delete
  9. Ooooo. I'm thinking pumpkin pie spice would be something to add to my coffee, too! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete