Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY - Recipe for an Easy Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole!

Hi Everyone!!!

Soooo, a few weeks ago, I hosted a Homeschool Moms' Prayer Breakfast.  It was a wonderful morning and a much needed time for me!  It is funny how sometimes when you do something to try to bless others, that you get blessed even more!  =D

While trying to decide what to serve for the breakfast....I needed something easy to make because I had been out the night before on a date night with my hubby and knew I'd be tired the next morning.

I decided to make this great recipe I found here for a nice dish that would cook while I slept!  I LOVED that idea!  I made a few tweaks to make it easier for me but would also like to try it by following the recipe exactly sometime.  it sounded good too, but I didn't have time to make it so I went for an easier alternative!

It's a Easy and delicious Crock Pot Southwest Breakfast Casserole!  A nice flavorful wake-up for your mouth!

Here's what you need:


 

1 bag of frozen Hash Browns (2 lb bag)
1 jar of salsa
1 bag of real bacon bits
1 small bag of shredded cheddar cheese  (2 cups)
1 carton of eggs (one dozen)
1 cup of whole milk
Salt and pepper to taste (the salsa adds lots of flavor, but you certainly can add some if you want)


First, spray the crock pot with non-stick cooking spray...

Then layer in 1/3 of the Hash browns


On top of that, 1/3 of the bag of bacon bits...Then 1/3 of the jar of salsa.

Then 1/3 of the cheese

Continue this pattern two more times, finishing off with the cheese on top.

Then, in a bowl, mix the 12 eggs and the cup of milk.  Add the salt and pepper if needed and mix.  Pour evenly into the crock pot on top of the layers.

Set the crock pot on low, cover and cook overnight (8 to 10 hours)!

In the morning, your breakfast casserole should look something like this...



This was very yummy and everyone at the prayer breakfast seemed to like it!   The best part is that it was so easy!!!




Hope you enjoyed this WHADDA WE EATIN WEDNESDAY!  Have a great rest of your week!  =)






18 comments:

  1. I have seen some recipes for this floating around and haven't seen one with salsa! Sounds great! Will try soon! Is 10 hours too long?
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this would be great for Mother's Day breakfast. That way,I truly won't have to cook, at least breakfast, anyway! This looks so good, and easy, and I'm not even looking at the original recipe, 'cause your way looks awesome. I pinned it so I'll always have the recipe handy on my recipe board. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Just bookmarked! Please feel free to share with our G+ Community, The Crock Pot Crowd. We welcome posts and recipes from bloggers! :)

    http://bit.ly/Zmy5vZ

    ReplyDelete