Sunday, January 6, 2013

New 2013 Tradition - Sunday Family Dinners!

Hi Home Girls!   Happy Sunday!

So another one of my New Years Resolutions is to start a new Family tradition.  "SUNDAY FAMILY DINNERS!"  I hope this is one of those family traditions that continues even after the kids are grown and have their own families! 

We pretty much have dinner together as a family every night, but on Sundays we're going to have a special dinner in the dining room as opposed to the kitchen table, where we normally eat. 

I'll get out the fine china and candles and make a special meal and it will be something to look forward to each week. Then once a month, we'll invite some of our extended family to join us for a Sunday family dinner. 

It will also give me a chance to do lots of new TABLESCAPES..haha! 

 Here is what I set up for today's family dinner:



I just love blue toile and red toile and so I tried to combine them for this dinner.  This might also make a good one for 4th of July because of the red, white and blue!



For my centerpiece, I used this bowl I found at a thrift store.  I put it on a candle stand to give it some height and put some red, blue and white flowers in it.  I love the way it turned out!  The bowl fit perfectly on the candle holder.  I put some small tea light holders with electric candles....juuuust in case!  haha!

For the "table runner"   I used some sparkly red card stock I found half off at Michael's.  It was in a scrapbook pad with 6 other colors and 5 of these sheets each.  Soooo...basically the cost for these "table runner accents" was about 99 cents!  I thought it added a little somthing extra to the table to contrast all the white on the table!


 

I found most of this china at the thrift stores.  Got some great prices on them.  The chargers I had gotten for Christmas Dinner, but also worked well for this dinner.   

For the buffet I used some great pieces I found at thrift stores along with some florals I had already.





For the dinner I made a modified version of "Million Dollar Spaghetti" that I found on Pinterest!   

Here is the link - http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/699288-Million-Dollar-Spaghetti?full_recipe=true






It turned out really good.  I used a jar of spaghetti sauce in place of the 8 oz of tomato sauce.  I also added mozzerella cheese to the top of half of it, because sometimes my son doesn't want too much cheese, but my daughter does!

I highly recommend this recipe for a yummy dinner that was easy to make!   I also made some cheesy garlic bread and some spinach as sides.


The kids got dressed up and everything for our first "Sunday Family Dinner!"  It was so cute!  They really liked it and said they want to do this every Sunday!  YAY!

Have a great night all!


This post was added to TABLESCAPE THURSDAYS at "Between Naps On The Porch"  and The Style Sisters' Centerpiece of the Week!



2 comments:

  1. It is a great tradition that your kids will always remember! I think it teaches them how important family time is and once a month when you invite more family or friends over it just makes everyone feel so special. Great job! Thanks for linking up to Centerpiece Wednesday.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karin! Thanks for stopping by and for the great encouragement! Have a great day! =)

    ReplyDelete