I like Fridays! Especially now that I'm blogging! Because this isn't just any ordinary Friday....now, it's becoming...
What I'd like to do on Fridays is try to make a post either about some great tips or something gorgeous I found online on Pinterest, in a blog or video, OR some great finds I found at thrift stores, etc.
Either way, Friday is the day I will be sharing some great stuff! I will also provide links to anything I found online so you can check out more.
Today, I'd like to share a few really neat things that I have seen, found and read lately.
1. As you may know, I have become a big fan of the blog "At Home with Nikki". Nichole Boyd is a stay-at-home-wife whose husband recently retired from the Military and she's now set up her permanent home in Charleston, SC. Her home is GORGEOUS and very well organized. She does a lot of elegant entertaining events and she is great about sharing her creativity and organization with others.
This is a picture from her blog of one of her beautiful table creations for a Fall Breakfast! GORGEOUS!
I mentioned this in a previous post of mine, but her video on "multi-functional accessories" has been really helpful to me. It's taught me to use my stuff creatively to create entirely different looks in my home and to think outside the box with my decor.
Here is the link to that video. I also just like her no-nonsense, friendly approach!
At Home with Nikki - Multi-Functional Accessories!
2. There is a great blog if you love tablescapes called stonegableblog.com. Yvonne is definitely the Hostess with the Mostest! Her tablescapes and decor are simply lovely and her attention to detail just makes each table special. I'd sure love to be a guest at one of her meals!!!
Here is a picture of just one of her many beautiful tablescapes! I LOVE those Hydrangeas!!!
Here is the link to find more pictures of this gorgeous tablescape:
Stone Gable Blog - Green Hydrangeas Tablescape
3. I found this recipe for Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup a few months ago on Pinterest. It looked pretty easy and the picture looked like it was yummy, so I decided I would try this out for our family. Not only was this SUPER EASY, but...OH MY GOODNESS! It was just delicious!
Our whole family loved it, and that means a lot because I have a couple of picky eaters in my family! This would be a wonderful party soup and so easy to make! Just dump some ingredients in the crock pot, turn it on, stir and wait. The house smelled awesome as this was cooking too!
The blog with this recipe (and picture) is Here: Heart 2 Home. DELICIOUS!!!
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
1 can chicken broth 1 can cream of chicken soup 2 tbsp taco seasoning 1 can diced tomatoes 1 can black beans 1 can whole kernel corn 1 can diced green chiles 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (I used 2 cans of white meat chicken)
4. In 2011, Homegoods put together a series of short videos on Home design featuring interior designer Elaine Griffin.
They of course do advertise their store, but they also give some fantastic design tips for folks like me who are not so savvy with great home decor, but want to learn!!!
She has some great tips in this video here!
Home Goods - Design Happy - Top off your tables
5. Do you want to make a difference in the lives of those less fortunate in 2013? I know I do...and I want my kids to learn how to do the same thing!
This blog had a FANTASTIC idea for putting together "Homeless Blessing Bags" for those folks I know I see all the time with their signs by the side of the road. We put together 4 of them and are getting ready to bring them around with us when we go out of the house...praying that God will show us people who might be blessed by them.
Here is a link to the post. I think it's such a wonderful idea...I'm so glad I found it!
Kids With a Vision - Homeless Blessing Bags
Well, that does it for "Five Fabulous Finds Friday!" Hope you're inspired to have a great weekend!
This post was added to "Feathered Nest Friday" on the "French Country Cottage" Blog, Lowercase Letters Miscellany Monday and "Be Inspired Friday" at the "Common Ground" Blog.