Monday, June 3, 2013

TABLESCAPE TUESDAY - Elegant tea in Black, White and Hot Pink!

Hey all!

How are things?   Here at the Home Girl Household, I'm still recovering from my sinus infection which has had me down for the count for a little over a week now.  ugh!

Other than that, all is well!  I have a new tablescape to show you...hopefully one you'll find elegant and fascinating!   I had this set up for our next ladies tea that I was going to schedule but then I couldn't find time to fit it into the schedule before I had to take it down because we needed the table for a BBQ outside.  Oh well, at least I was able to snap a few pictures before it was quickly torn down....haha!

I wanted to create a black, white and hot pink tablescape to create elegance yet femininity...Here's what I came up with...


I have a black tablecloth that I found at a thrift store placed on top of a floor-length round white tablecloth.  On top of that I had some alternating dishes to keep things interesting.

Two place settings had silver Walmart Chargers with my French white plates that I've had forever...on top of that, some black salad plates (from Goodwill...I was only able to find 3 though), topped with a black and white polka-dot dessert plate with a cupcake dome on top.

The other two place settings had my white chargers from Old Time Pottery, a black dinner plate from Dollar tree, my French-white salad plate, and topped with the same black and white polka-dot plate and cupcake dome.

The silver teapot that held the lovely hot pink flowers and the matching silver teacups and saucers are from Ross.



I also used a silver pillar candleholder with a white pillar candle, along with a silver taper candleholder with a silver candle.  Looking back I think I needed a little something more, but it worked ok. 

The Napkins were also alternating in black and white but all with a hot pink bling napkin ring.



Thanks so much for joining me for another Tablescape Tuesday.  I hope you'll come on back tomorrow for WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY, where I'll share a super easy recipe for a light summer cake!   Have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Very dramatic...love the little polka dotted plates topped with domes!
    Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! I am crazy about the silver tea cups, so unique and pretty! The black cloth is dramatic with the silver and hot pink flowers, and the polka dots keep it fun! I have some black and white plates very similar to yours and I just LOVE them!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete