Wednesday, September 18, 2013

WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY - Easy Crock Pot Meatball Subs!

Hi All!!!

So sorry I haven't posted a recipe in a while...yes, I've been a nice combo of busy and lazy! 

Today I have a super simple recipe for you for today's WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY! 

EASY CROCKPOT MEATBALL SUBS!  

We had this for a recent casual family dinner and they were awesome!!!

I found this recipe on the Crockin' Girls website....who I just LOVE!  

The ingredients are easy!

1 package of meatballs  (I used regular meatballs - 28 count)
1 28 oz. jar of your favorite pasta sauce
1 package of sliced provolone cheese (I ended up using shredded Mozzerella since I forgot to buy this)
1 package hoagie rolls or French bread.

The prep is also easy!

Put the package of meatballs and your jar of sauce into the crock pot.  Cook on low for 2-3 hours.  


Cut your hoagie rolls or French bread and lay on a baking sheet cut side up.  Scoop out some meatballs and sauce for each roll and top with cheese.  Then put in a 350 oven for 15 minutes.  The bread gets crunchy and yummy and the cheese gets all bubbly!

These were such a nice treat!  And, they were so easy to make...they make a great weeknight meal for the family or a Saturday or Sunday afternoon lunch! 

Our kids liked them a lot and so did the hubby and me!  Score for mama, since my kids are pretty picky!  =)

Hope you enjoyed this WHADDA WE EATIN' WEDNESDAY!   Have a great day and I hope to see you again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment